(+30) 2310367832

The White Tower, the landmark of Thessaloniki, was once the south-east tower of a large fortification. Ιt was probably built in the fifteenth century after the conquest of Thessaloniki by the Turks, to replace a Byzantine tower. Throughout its long history the tower's name and use changed several times. In the 19th century it was used as a long-term convict prison. In 1890, a convict whitewashed the tower's walls in exchange for his freedom, hence the name 'White Tower'. Today there is an exhibition in the tower about the city’s history.

Rating
0.0
Access
0.0
Facilities
0.0
Exhibits
0.0

Search Hotels

Check-in date

Check-out date

Top Rated Monuments

Top Rated Beaches

Follow us on Pinterest
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Google Plus
RSS